….whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
—1 Corinthians 10:31
The privilege to play athletics gives our student athletes the opportunity to explore and use their God-given abilities in a way that brings glory to God.
Goals of SLA’s Athletic Program
- To teach that talents and skills are God-given.
- To teach that all of life is worship, and conduct and athletic participation should be God pleasing.
- To nurture a Christian respect for other players, coaches, fans and officials.
- To develop character traits such as self-discipline, self-esteem, responsibility, leadership, teamwork, and self-control under pressure, defeat, and failure, as well as proper acceptance of success and victory.
- To provide the principles of sportsmanship, fair play and team support.
- To develop a greater degree the fundamental skills and a knowledge of the rules.
- To provide quality participation time in practice and in games.
- To provide a Christian witness through athletic competition and sportsmanship.
Athletic Opportunities at SLA
- August-October: Middle School Girls’ Volleyball
- November – February: Boys’ Basketball (5th-6th Grade/7th-8th Grade)
- November – February: Girls’ Basketball (5th-6th Grade/ 7th-8th Grade)
- February – April: Soccer (Co-ed 3rd -5th Grade/ Co-ed 6th– 8th Grade)
- April – Track Meet (K- 4th Grade/ 5th-8th Grade)